Recap on the GREENER/HEATER Joint Launch Conference, which took place on Tuesday the 4th of October, outlining the background to the development of both projects, the cluster organisations involved and the future aims and objectives of both projects.
Launch Conference Agenda
• 11:00 - 11:05: Welcome and Introduction - Kalle Pakalen from Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme SecretariatWelcome, introduction to clustering projects, and a brief overview of the upcoming NPA programme
• 11:05 - 11:10: GREENER Project Overview Clustering Remote Regions for Energy Resilience and Growth - Anne Marie McLaughlin from ERNACT Introduction to ERNACT and overview of GREENER’s aims and objectives
• 11:10 - 11:15: HEATER Project Overview Heat and Energy Education and Empowerment for Rural Areas - Robert Clements from Northern Ireland Housing Executive Introduction to NIHE and overview of HEATER’s aims and objectives
Partner Project Introductions - HEATER
▪ Northern Ireland Housing Executive [HandiHeat] Robert Clements
▪ WiSAR/Letterkenny Institute of Technology – [SMARTRenew] Nick Timmons
▪ Ulster University [SENDoc/TechSolns] Joan Condell
▪ Oulu University of Applied Sciences [e-Lighthouse] Anu Montin
Partner Project Introduction – GREENER
▪ ERNACT [SMARCTIC] Anne Marie McLaughin
▪ Oulu University [H-CHP] Markku Kananen
▪ CENTRIA University of Applied Sciences [LECo] Heidi Kanala-Salminen
• 12:00 - 12:30: Open discussion of challenges and opportunities
Open discussion on the challenges faced by these projects, opportunities for collaboration, suggestions for building a network and increasing dissemination, etc.